Sunday 16 January 2011

Keeping out of mischief

Our house is a very, very little 1930's semi that we modernised, did up should I say. The conservatory was the last to be built and by that time, after a year, I was all pooped out in the decorating department. We don' use it too much in winter so I think the decor needs to be more spring/summer, makes sense!

Modern TV's....nowt you can do to make them look more, pleasing? Hubby was in my summerhouse the other day, wiring some tree lights up and he commented on how pleasant it felt/looked. Thats the look I'd like to go for but maybe a bit more toned down!

Last year I had my summer house as a project and this year its the conservatories turn. Its very hard to have some kind of decor/theme going on, hardly any walls, so cushions will play a big part. If you have a gorgeously decorated conservatory, do tell, I'll love to see what you've done to it.


6 comments:

Amy (Blighty Boutique) said...

I love your union jack cushion x

Just for you . . . said...

I've loved taking a peek at your home in pictures and very nice it is too!

Your Summerhouse is so sweet and what lovely bolthole to work in.

With three ever-growing teenagers we've decided it's time to extend and have just submitted plans for a conservatory which will double up as a family room and desperated for some much needed inspration on how to decrate it so will be checking back on you progress!

x

Heidi said...

I think it looks so fresh and modern....

Rosie said...

Your conservatory looks lovely now but I know what you mean about wanting a different theme - we inherited ours from the previous owners when we bought the house and it really needs some renovation especially the roof and windows. Love your summerhouse so I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with your conservatory:)

Unknown said...

Love the look of the conservatory but you are so right that it is difficult to make an impact in what is a 3 sided glass box with just one wall! I think you will do well, as you say, cushions are great!

sarah-jane down the lane said...

Thanks so much for your comment today, it was so sweet of you. Good luck with the consevatory make over, I'm afraid we dont have one but my Mother in law has a monster rammed to the gunnels with exotics, Kew Gardens in minature... tee hee,

Sarah x