Tuesday 6 September 2011

Schools out for ever!


I know lots of bloggers have children starting or going back to school and lets face it, it feels very much like we're doing the starting or going back. Amy was only just 16 a few weeks back and starts college on thursday. Oh for the building to look like this one, Clifton college but its a year old sixth form college. Her secondary school was also a brand new building.

We went for her interview the other week and I'm so happy (think Amy is LOL) that she is going to be doing three years instead of the usual two. I feel as if we've got back a year stolen due to her being so young. If she had been born one week later she'd be in her last year of school.

So lets hope any of 'us' who are starting school, college, university survive the week!

Line up in a straight line, walk don't run, it will soon be friday night.....




5 comments:

polkadotpeticoat said...

Super cute and boy this day does come fast.....quite a nice building!
I had trouble with the walk don't run..how about hopping!

Ruth said...

Hope it all went well Amanda. I was so nervous when my oldest started 6th form in Newcastle. Hubby and I went to the same school, where the 6th form was just a natural progression within the exact same place; a much more gentle solution!!

Hugs, Ruth x

LissyLou said...

Hope all went well. Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my blog xx

Suzy's Vintage Attic said...

I hope that it all went well. My daughter started at secondary school and although she was nervous about it, she seems to have settled in well.
Have a lovely weekend.
Isabelle x

moschops said...

I hope she has settled in well and is enjoying it!

I always feel for those summer babies who are nearly in the year below, it must make things a little trickier for them - they could be nearly a whole year younger than some of the others. Scary thought!

Hope college is going well and she is enjoying the courses she's chosen!

xx