Sunday 28 August 2011

Typical bank holiday sunday

Well being a typical sunday on a bank holiday weekend, ie rubbish weather, I decided to watch Glorious 39. I had it on my player from a few weeks back. Well I really enjoyed it, hubby stopped watching as he said it was too 'jolly hockey sticks' LOL but the scenery, costumes and just general look was very much my thing in a movie. Of course the player had not recorded the last few minutes but You Tube to rescue. In fact you can watch it all on there, split into 13 parts. Just google it and you can find plenty of trailers to give you an idea of what its about.

Something else I enjoyed and again starring Romola Garai, is The Hour. Although there were some liberties taken with modern expressions in the lines (so they say, I was too busy just watching it) again I enjoyed something set in another era. They are going to do another series so good, good, good!

Catch them if you can!

4 comments:

Rosie said...

Loved both of them! I like anything by Stephen Poliakoff anyway they are always intriguing and well filmed and acted and The Hour, too was wonderful. I'm looking forward to Page Eight tonight:)

Unknown said...

My OH watches THE HOUR and told be that they use Woods ware utility china which I collect! I have 39 on my player and will watch very soon xx

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

I've watched neither, I'll have to seek them out!

Victoria xx

OhSoVintage said...

Thankyou for your kind comment on my blog re my mum. I watched a couple of episodes of The Hour but didn't enjoy it at all, I'm afraid.