Thursday, 27 January 2011

Grab the brightness where you can....

I read a post yesterday from Charl at Pretty Vintage. She pretty much summed up the last few weeks and what it really means. Its been so dreary and it can get you down. Heres a photo of what cheers me up, half price lilies from Aldi, less than £2 and over a week old, bargain. And...my daughter who as the teenage years roll on is becoming more and more lovely. Don't believe what everyone says about the teenage years, although still a few more to go!

I also heard some bad news about a relative's health and a client had the awful news that her friend had been killed in a hit and run. I so felt for her.

So I'm going to concentrate on the little, important things in life and put a bit of brightness into January.


Talking of brightness look at what Alison of Vintage Amethyst is giving away. She was featured in the magazine. I love Alison's blog and shop, everything is so pretty and always comes nicely wrapped. Go check her out for some January brightness.


6 comments:

Heidi said...

I just got that issue I will have to go look her up...I love this magazine!

Annie xx TheFeltFairy said...

I think you are so right, we should appreciate all that is good even simple things like beautiful flowers! And a bargain too! xxx

charl said...

thank you for your lovely comment and mention to..
how awful for your friend, i cant even begin to understand what the are going through so tragic..life is so precious isnt it we really need to keep hold of the positive dont we...
charl
x

kristina said...

I agree with you so much....life can be hard so very hard at times but we have to grab the sunshine from where ever it may shine while we can...so sorry about your relatives bad news and the awful loss your friend has suffered,really makes you think,
Your daughter looks lovely,
Love Kristina x

Mary Poppins said...

I agree with so much of what people have said, we really do have to treasure our time here and hold on to all the happiness we can.

Thank you yes florals are cool aren't they, shh I am 37 ;0) xx

Amy (Blighty Boutique) said...

a lovely post Amanda x